GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN GOUPIE MINCE PIES
You might be wondering what on earth a Goupie is and you would be right in thinking that! Goupies are deliciously moreish chewy chocolate treats with a hint of crunch that I’ve recently discovered.
All Goupie branded products are based on a genuine family recipe. Janet Simpson has refined this original cocoa-rich chewy chocolate confection into a range of distinctive flavours. All made by hand, and then cut into distinctive triangular pieces. Together with Joe, her husband, Janet has now moved production from their farmhouse kitchen to a state-of-the-art production unit to ensure that Goupie continues to be made to highest standards of hygiene and product quality.
As well as Original, Goupie is available in a range of flavours. Hazelnut Goupie has the added crunch of nibbed and roast hazelnuts, while Ginger Goupie delivers a warming note of natural crystallised ginger. Orange Goupie is enlivened by the zesty tang of candied orange peel, with Chilli Goupie offering the subtle bite of fresh air-dried chilli flakes.
White Chocolate with Cardamom Goupie is a thoroughly modern take on a traditional Indian dessert, offering a subtle flavour that is ripe with Eastern exoticism.
Mint Goupie delivers a refreshing peppermint zing, while Cherry & Almond Goupie is perhaps best likened to a chewy Bakewell tart, but with a lingering almond finish. Espresso Goupie combines the richness of dark Belgian chocolate with the finest Arabica coffee beans. Date & Walnut Goupie is another classic combination; rich, moist and utterly moreish.
Simpson’s of Hawkhurst also produces special flavours for the festive period, including A Taste of Christmas Goupie, White Christmas Goupie and Boozy Christmas Goupie that are resonant with the characteristic scents and flavours of Christmas, including carefully selected spices, dried fruits and nuts.
The Christmas flavours are the ones that I tried and being a Christmas nut I wanted to share them with you! This is a cheeky little mince pie recipe that I am pretty sure you will love. These mince pies offer a gluten free and vegan alternative to a shop bought mince pie for all of you guys out there with intolerances.
Gluten Free and Vegan Groupie Mince Pies
For the dough
- 200g Gluten Free Flour
- 100g Dairy Free Margarine
- 1tsp Xanthe Gum
- 1/2tsp salt
For The Filling
- 1 Box Of Taste Of Christmas Goupie
- 2tsp Cashew Butter
- Sunflower Oil
- Golden Caster Sugar
- Icing sugar
- 1.Add the margarine and flour into a bowl and rub together with the tips of your fingers to create a breadcrumb texture. Add the Xanthe gum and salt before adding the water bit by bit to create a dough. Chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- 2.Roll out the dough to about 1/2cm thickness. Cut out 12 circles with a large cookie cutter and press them into the bottom of a cupcake tin.
- 3.Blitz up the Goupie into small pieces and mix with the cashew butter. Add a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into the bottom of each pie.
- 4.Using the remaining dough cut a shape of your choice to top the pies. (This can be a star, heart or fully covered for example)
- 5.Brush the top of the pie with sunflower oil and sprinkle with golden caster sugar.
- 6.Bake for 20 minutes at 200C/Gas 6 or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
This is a reblog from Tara's Busy Kitchen