1. Preheat your oven to 180oC. Prepare your muffin tray with 6 muffin cases.
2. Mix the flax seed with the water and leave to one side.
3. Mash the banana with the back of a fork and grate the apple.
4. Combine the banana, grated apple, sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla together.
5. Add the flax mix, ground almonds and dates to the wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Add in the flour and baking powder and fold in. Try to fold the mixture as few times as possible, whilst making sure all the ingredients are combined.
7. Spoon the mixture into your 6 muffin cases evenly and sprinkle your flaked almonds on top.
8. Bake for between 25 and 30 minutes, until the almonds are nicely browned on top.