- 80g Margarine
- 150g Chocolate (55%)
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1tbsps Ground Flax Seed (+ 3tbsp Water)
- 200ml Oat Milk
- 1tsps Vanilla Essence
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1tsps Baking Powder
- 1/4tsps Salt
- 30g Cocoa Powder
- 100g Walnuts
Who doesn’t love a good brownies? This is our no-nonsense recipe for the ultimate vegan friendly fudgey chocolate brownies!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
2. Mix the ground flax seed and water together and leave to one side.
3. Melt the margarine in a small pan. Once melted, add the chocolate and stir until melted completely.
4. Add the sugar, milk, vanilla and flax mix to the pan and stir until completely combined.
5. Measure out the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
6. Slowly add the wet mix to the dry whilst stirring constantly.
7. Chop up the walnuts into smaller chunks and add to the brownie mix.
8. Line a brownie tray (around the size of a 20cm cake tin) with greaseproof paper, foil or margarine to stop the brownie from sticking to the bottom.
9. Cook the brownies for 25 minutes and then leave them to cool completely on the side before removing from the tin and cutting. Please note that if you do not leave them to cool, they will be very difficult to cut, but still just as delicious!