1. Pre-heat your oven to 180oC.
2. Cream together your margarine, sugar and treacle until you form a smooth paste.
3. Add your flax egg (1tsp ground flax, 1 tsp water) to the mix, along with the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the flour, spices, salt and baking powder to the mix and combine to form a dough. Add a tablespoon of cold water at a time until a nice dough is formed.
5. Roll out your dough on a floured surface until around 0.5cm thick.
6. Use whatever cookie cutters you like to cut out your gingerbread shapes. We like to use the classic gingerbread men cutter, but any shape will work! If you want to hang them on the tree, make sure to add a small hole with a skewer before baking (big enough for a piece of string to get through).
7. Bake in the oven for between 10-15 minutes and then allow to cool.
8. To decorate your gingerbread, combine the icing sugar and oat milk in a small bowl and then transfer to a piping bag. Decorate however you please!