Goupie Eton Mess Recipe
- 1 Tin of Chickpeas
- 160g Caster Sugar
- 1tsps Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tin of Thick Coconut Cream
- 80g Mint Goupie
- Fresh Fruit
You wouldn’t be able to tell it from today, but we’re in summer! After all the fantastic weather we experienced the last few weeks, we were desperate to come up with a really summery recipe for all of our Goupie Groupies…we’ll just ignore the fact that it’s now raining and soldier on with our summer plans. Introducing our very own, vegan friendly, Goupie mess!
What You Do
1. Drain the chickpeas so that you are just left with the aquafaba (chickpea juice). Whisk the aquafaba with vanilla essence until you start to see stiff peaks (this will take much longer than you think, be patient!). Slowly start to add the sugar until you have firm, fluffy meringue. The whole process will take at least 15-20 minutes, so feel free to leave the machine beating whilst you do something else!
2. Pipe the meringue into the shapes of your choice. We went for mini round meringues and one large one to crush up, but if you’ve got piping skills, go nuts!
3. Bake the meringues on 100 oC for around 1 1/2 hours. Then leave to cool completely. Once the meringue’s are done, the hard job is over!
4. Whisk the coconut cream until thick. We crushed fresh raspberries into ours to give it a fruity kick.
5. Next layer meringue and cream with fresh fruit (we used strawberries and blueberries) and Mint Goupie chips.
6. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
So there you have it!
A completely vegan friendly Eton Mess with a Goupie twist. Perfect for a hot summers day..assuming the sun comes back!