Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 360ml Oat Milk
- 1 1/2tsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- 130g Soft Brown Sugar
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 2tsps Vanilla Essence
- 1tsps Cornflour
- 230g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsps Baking Powder
- 80g Cocoa
- 1/4tsps Salt
- 100g Margarine
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 20g Cocoa
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC.
2. Sieve the flour and cocoa into a bowl and add baking powder, sugars, corn flour and salt.
3. In a separate jug, combine the milk, apple cider vinegar, sunflower oil and vanilla essence.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry until they look silky smooth. An electric mixer works best for this but you can get the same effect with a strong bicep!
5. Pour the mix into a greased 20cm cake tin and bake for an hour and 20 minutes. Leave the cake to cool completely.
6. Thoroughly beat your margarine until completely smooth.
7. Bit by bit add the icing sugar and cocoa through a sieve, beating in-between. You’ll make a smooth chocolate fudge frosting.
8. Frost your cake using whatever method you’d prefer (spreading or piping the frosting). We like to add extra chocolate buttons and decorations to ours to make them extra chocolatey!